Sunday, February 21, 2021

Title Research: Pokemon Detective Pikachu (2019)

    The movie I've chosen for this blog is Pokemon Detective Pikachu. I've chosen it from the Art of the Title website. 

    Titles displayed during this sequence were all the names of the movie's producers. Roles that developed this movie included the director, creator of the story, producers, executive producers, director of photography, production designer, film editors, music producers, and so much more. The names of the Pokemon characters were displayed as well, except that the names are displayed in the Japanese language. Prioritized images would include the Pokemon characters, the design, the movie logo, etc.

    These images represent the most popular characters of the Pokemon universe. Although I haven't watched the movie, I feel as if these shown characters are the ones that are going to be shown more in the movie. This film establishes the fantasy genre because, first of all, the whole movie is based on a video game, which the video game itself includes fantasy. And since the movie is a more realistic version of the video game, the feeling of it makes everything more fantasy-wise, if that makes sense. Strategies used would include the design for sure. It looks really appealing to the eye, it looks adventurous and fun, which attracts the audience. Technology in this movie has been used a lot, and one can easily tell. The editing of the characters and the design makes it easy to tell that technology has been used. You can see there are transitions, a lot of designing (I'd say overlays but I'm not 100% sure), and more. It looks like it took the editors a while to create this. As a video editor, I feel as if it was a bit challenging having to edit the characters and to animate the whole opening sequence.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.