Friday, November 13, 2020

Introduction to the Music Video Project

    For this music video project, I decided to work with Perla Caceres and Nikaliyah Barnett. These two are one of my closest friends, and I have worked with these two before. I worked with Perla for the Genre Project and I have worked with Nikaliyah for our criminal justice assignments. These two have a great work ethic and I know we can create a wonderful project with great visuals. I am very excited to work with these two. We took a long time deciding what song to choose. Scrolling through the group chat we made a day prior, you can see many messages asking "if you were in a music video, what music video would it be?" sent from me. They would joke around and send replies that I hoped wasn't serious - and thankfully they aren't - which would often delay our brainstorming. We were stuck on debating different songs that didn't fit our different personalities, and different concepts were introduced. We all agreed on one thing, which was we wanted a calm song that was not too upbeat.

    After much debate, we decided on "Another Day" by the Kpop boy group Stray Kids. I am a fan of Stray Kids, I even put a GIF of them on my first blog. I was glad that I could convince them to go with this song. I convinced them by introducing the promise of in-depth but straightforward shots that could go perfectly with this song. I envisioned many scenes that I thought could elucidate the meaning of the song and our message. Another Day's meaning is deep, from interpreting the lyrics and looking at many comments, I learned that the lyrics written by HAN meant feeling anxiety, loneliness, emptiness caused by burnout, and the inability to rest without worrying. We three have felt these before, especially these days when we are more focused on completing nonstop assignments and never have time for ourselves. It's difficult particularly when you don't know when you'll stop feeling this way or when everything will just conclude; it's distressful to think that there's no end and no one is there to help you. I'm sure that a large majority of people have experienced extreme burnout. Using this song, we wanted to convey a message that even though you are going through a stressful time or a continuous tedious routine with no change, that there is a moment where you will be at peace and find time for yourself. We hope that through our music video, our message will be communicated. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.