Friday, November 6, 2020

CCR Blog

1. How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues?

    I looked for many commercials relating to Crayola Air-Dry clay. Commercials featuring air-dry clay are not as common as I thought they would be, so I had to search up relating products and relating themes I wanted to recreate. 

2. How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text?

    My product engages with audiences that enjoy a creepy vibe to what they watch. Granted it was sort of funny with the doll animating while the person in the background talking, but it also had a creepy vibe to it due to the lightning and the scenes leading up do the doll animation. My product would most likely be distributed through Television on a kids' program during the Halloween season. Crayola is a brand that is easily recognizable and it would be more suited towards children. Halloween would be an adequate season to air this since the advertisement's coloring and scenes warrant an ominous vibe.

3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

    My production skills developed a little bit more than the last project. For this commercial, I added something I did not add before, which was coloring. I had much fun editing the coloring to where I saw fit. During planning and filming, I added aspects that I had not tried before. The flickering light which I saw common in creepy films was something I wanted to recreate and for a brief moment in the introduction scene, you could see a flickering light. As stated in the previous blogs, claymation or stop-motion animation was something I had not tried before either. It was a very tedious yet entertaining task, and I would love to have had the chance to remake it and make it look smoother. I did not know how to do it and had watched a few tutorials beforehand, and I felt my first claymation attempt was successful.

4. How did you integrate technologies - software, hardware, and online - in this project? 

    As mentioned previously, I added coloring to this project. I used VideoStar to add coloring, which is a mobile app. I would have liked to have found a software able to add color on my desktop, but since I already paid for the pass on VideoStar, it was the most practical way to do it. I used my phone for recording this commercial, and I played around with the video settings until I found what suited the commercial. I used OpenShot once again to edit this project, and every time I use it I am amazed as this free software has so many features.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.