Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Commercial Blog

 Looking at my commercial now... 

    I could change some things. I could have made the first shot a bit longer as it did not fully showcase many aspects of the desk. The flickering light was not shown properly, and the Crayola label on the Air-Dry clay container can not be shown well either; it was barely visible. We were in a rush to make sure that the clip could be no longer than 5 seconds that we couldn't even reach 5 seconds. The towel in the claymation was placed incorrectly, so I wish I had watched the clip beforehand so I could have placed the towel correctly. I also wish that I had taken more time on the claymation, as it looks a bit choppy. I would like to have used better transitions for this commercial as well. The shot between the doll being placed down and before it animates looks rough, and I could have done it differently. I should have kept the angle the same, but since I was holding the camera up, it would have tired my arms quickly. It would have been uneven as I would have to keep it up while repositioning the doll and I did not have a tripod. I used many things to keep my phone up.

    I think I improved my editing skills, even if it is just a little bit. I did not know how to edit before I took this class and I knew nothing about production, however, creating this commercial has given me more knowledge. Looking at my commercial now, I see a plethora of opportunities to continue improving on my production and editing skills. I feel this project demonstrates my ability to progress in my production. It demonstrates that as a beginner, there is potential for refining my skills. This project was not only fun to create, but a good learning experience. I underwent the tedious tasks and found a way to enjoy myself while doing it. 

    If the video is not able to be viewed here, this link should be able to take you straight to the unlisted video. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.