Friday, October 30, 2020

Editing Blog

 On Tuesday, 27 October 2020, I found the audios needed for this commercial.

    On YouTube, I found a vintage telephone ringing sound that I thought would fit perfectly for this project! I didn't want it to completely overthrow the background music, so I had it set to 30% volume. I also found fast-talking audio, one that you would hear in cartoons, and set its pitch to -20.00, as its regular pitch didn't fit the commercial.

On Wednesday, 28 October 2020, I began editing.

    I already had packs from VideoStar paid for and the recordings were on my phone, so using VideoStar for the beginning was the easiest option. I downloaded the audio I wanted to use, and I imported the video. Even though you cannot hear anything in the back, I decided during filming that I would add the sounds post-editing, so my brother and I did not have to worry about sounding okay or background sounds interfering.

    I then worked on the coloring before finishing. VideoStar has a cool coloring function. I like that you can customize a lot of things for the coloring, and I had a lot of fun toying around with it until I got to something I liked. This was my favorite part of the editing process.


On Thursday, 29 October 2020, I finished editing.

    Even though I feel like I could have done it all in one day now, I think it was good for me that I split it up. It gave me more time to do work and time to wonder if all my clips were okay. In OpenShot, I imported all my files: telephone ringing, fast-talking, and my video with background audio and video. I had to cut the phone ringing as it was too long. I cut out the extra noise and kept the phone ringing, a slight pause, and then another ring. I then put the fast-talking right after the phone ringing, to make it seem like someone had picked up the phone, giving the doll an opportunity to move. 

    Right when the person is putting the damp cloth over the doll, they pause the music by tapping the spacebar of the keyboard. So I muted the music until the doll goes over and taps the spacebar key again. During filming, I thought that would be very fun to do.

I finished editing my video! It was a fun process, as much fun as filming this. I really liked how my video came out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.