Thursday, October 29, 2020

Filming Blog

 On Saturday, 24/10/2020, I started filming. 

    Rearranging everything on my desk was the most tedious task of all. I had to move things off and on my desk, and I tried placing things where I thought they would best fit. I had planned for one lamp to be in the shot, but I thought that two with one flickering would look cool. Now looking at, I didn't stick to a few of the scenes I planned out. I skipped the winking and the falling off of the desk shots.

    After many attempts to find out what looked best, my brother and I decided to have him in the video with me recording, as my hands were steadier and I knew what to do best. It took us many tries to make 5-second shots. We messed up a lot, but I knew this would be a trial-and-error process into creating a product that I liked. We also got stressed at each other a bunch, mainly because every shot I took I disliked and he was angry that he had to sit there for a while. Nonetheless, we sorted out our differences and obtained our required shots.

    The stop-motion animating was the most frustrating portion of all. The doll didn't look its best - that was my intention, as I wanted an unfinished doll - and shaping it to frame by frame really made me on the edge. I knew that air-dry clay was not the best option for stop-motion, but I still attempted it anyway. During the process, I learned how difficult anger management and patience are - joking. But it was strenuous, even so, I got the hang of it and saw how fun it was.

    The reason I had to skip out the winking and falling was that it would have made the commercial longer than 30 seconds. The falling added an extra 5 seconds to the video. I felt the wink would have tarnished the unfinished vibe of the doll. The missing spots and the unsmoothed crevices had an atmosphere to it that I felt fit better for the commercial, and a face would ruin that vibe.

    Overall, this commercial, even though stressful to record and set up, was a great experience! I had a little bonding time with my brother and stop-motion animating was something new I didn't try yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.