Friday, November 20, 2020

Storyboard for the Music Video Project

     This music video takes up 17 boxes with 1 being a backup in case our member could not perform one of the scenes. We first planned what part of the song and what lyrics we wanted to use for this project. We chose 0:03-1:03 to have the guitar in for the beginning, and 1:03 seemed like a good spot to end it naturally. We labeled the boxes with corresponding numbers to make recording more efficient. My scenes are highlighted in purple, Nikaliyah's are highlighted in blue, and Perla's are highlighted in pink.

    Boxes 1-4

These first four scenes will introduce our music video. In these scenes, we are wearily doing tasks we do every day. I am surrounded by piles of work, Nikaliyah is going through online school being exhausted, and Perla is eating her food with disinterest. Playing my guitar is a transition between what happens in the day and then at the night.

    Boxes 5-8

Continuing from the morning, the routine continues at night. I am bored and scrolling through my phone, Nikaliyah is getting herself ready for bed without interest, and Perla is having a difficult time sleeping due to the stress she is going through. We are trying to capture what someone might go through when they're exhausted going through a repetitive routine that doesn't change. Box 8 shows us doing what we did in boxes 1-3, indicating that a new day has started with the same routine.

    Boxes 9-12

These boxes are capturing what the lyrics "I washed my tired body, And turned on the boring TV again, The dull news is going on and on, About something again today". Nikaliyah is personifying and acting out these lyrics. She is first showering with clothes on, or if she chooses to use the alternate scene where she will turn on the shower. Then she will turn on the TV, look at the dull news, and will lay down on her side. A view of her backside and her phone will show, and her phone will have a reassuring text message shown.

    Boxes 14-16

Following the reassuring text message shot, this will begin the process where the characters find a time for peace in what seems like overwhelming chaos. I will be writing down an affirmation saying "I will have time for myself" over and over again to embody our message of finding a time of peace. I will then push away an object representing time and gravitate towards something I want to do, indicating that I would rather do something I want to do then keep worrying that I have no time for anything. Perla will hold something precious to her, which will remind her that there is more than just the stress and routine she is going through currently. Alluding to box 7 where Perla is distressfully sleeping, Perla in box 16 is now sleeping peacefully, something she hasn't done in a long time.

    Box 17

The last box is different than box 8. In box 8 we are repeating the same repetitive routine, but in this one, we are doing something different, which means we're breaking the routine. This last shot emphasizes our video's message, which was in short, finding a time of peace in the midst of burnout and stress. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.