Monday, November 30, 2020

Filming Blog for the Music Video Project

     I began the filming process and ended it on the same day on 19 November. My brother and I spent four hours recording the short shots that I needed for this music video. I did not expect that it would take very long for recording. Every shot that we would take I would ask to retake as it didn't fit the concept that I was looking for. We were also goofing off a little bit as well, so there are many shots that were unusable. After recording and discarding shots, I ended up with seven plausible ones to use.

    My brother did not want to help set up; he strictly wanted to be the cameraman. I began by scattering work I had done in former years all over the floor, as well as a binder, a folder, a bullet journal, and a small laptop. I put my guitar next to me as it was meant to be a symbol of taking time to do something that I wanted to do. I sat surrounded by the many papers. I debated between looking bored and having my head down, so I decided to do both in different outfits, as I needed one for the shot where it is all three of us. The shots are around 1-2 minutes long as I wanted to throw in different positions for the shot and crop out the one I wanted to use.

    I then needed a shot of myself grabbing my guitar to indicate me doing what I want instead of work for once. I proceeded to go through this shot in 3 different ways. The first one was where I would close my computer, put it down, grab my guitar, and start strumming. The second one would have me closing the folder, binder, and bullet journal and proceed to grab my guitar and start strumming. The last one I would dismiss papers and again, grab my guitar and start strumming. I will decide with my group during our editing process when which one we will choose.

    The last shot I needed was me going through my phone. In these sequences, it is now nighttime and we wanted to show that our boring day has continued. I didn't have to wait for sundown as it was good timing that the sun was setting when we finished filming, I realized I didn't need my brother to be a cameraman for these shots so he left and did his homework as I could prop my phone up with some pillows. It was difficult as it was dark and I didn't want to turn on a light. I ended up with two plausible shots.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.