Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Music Video Project

    I am proud of how this music video came out. My group was efficient to collaborate with and I would definitely choose them for a different project again. Our music video came out well even if some aspects we planned did not work out. I'm sure my group members are as proud of our video as I am. I feel we did an excellent job at this 1-minute music video project.
    The concept of our video was to show stressed and exhausted teens wanting to find some escape and peace. The song captures the feeling of anxiety and loneliness. We wanted to show that but instead of leaving off on a negative note, we wanted something a little more positive. Towards the end of the music video, my groupmates find peace in a moment of routine boredness and stress. As mentioned in previous blogs, we wanted to capture this in our music video, as we know that many teens and other age demographics feel this way as well. 
    If I could change anything about this project, I would have urged my group mates to dress up in another outfit to make shots 8 and 17. I feel that it would have made the video more natural as opposed to the black screens with text. If we followed the storyboard, I feel the video would have suited our concept more. We originally wanted to show the day passing by with what we were doing and then shot 8 would be us in different clothing indicating that the day has started again. Another thing that I wanted to change was that Perla looks a bit pixelated at the end. I couldn't find any solution to this and when I exported it, it looked fine. But nonetheless, she is still visible.
    What I really enjoyed about this video is the allusion from shot 7 to 16. In shot 7, Perla is going to sleep looking distressed. Alluding to that, in shot 16, Perla is sleeping more peacefully after finding something that gave her peace. I also enjoyed learning a tiny part of this song for shot 4. If I had more time and was not busy with other work, I would have definitely attempted to learn this song fully and have that shot done less hastily. I am really proud of the product we created.
    If this video is not available here, this is the link to the music video.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.