Monday, December 7, 2020

Editing Blog for the Music Video Project

     After waiting for Nikaliyah and Perla to finish their parts of editing, it was my turn. We all decided it would be best to use Video Star to edit this project as we all had it and it was the most efficient way to edit this project. One of us did not have access to a computer and editing on a computer on software such as OpenShot would be too much of a hassle for our group. We didn't feel this video would need much editing, as it is basically putting all our scenes together in a format that would best fit the video. We felt that big transitions were not necessary for this project, as it is a calm song and scene. Nikaliyah put together scenes 1-7, Perla put together scenes 9-16, and Nikaliyah's scenes and I finished the video with finishing touches. 

    I tried my best to follow the format we had planned in the storyboard, where it would be all three of us for scene 8 and 17. But since it is not a video, it looked displaced on our video. I tried many formats for all three of us to fit as well as just using pictures from our last scenes, and none of it felt natural. The last that I could do was put text over a black screen, which although was my last option, looked the best for the music video. 

    Just putting together all the scenes and adding these black screens with text was not enough for me. They did work putting together our scenes and I felt I didn't do as much as them and that it was not fair. To make our video look better, I decided to add the lyrics to the song. I researched many translations to find the one most accurately correct to the Korean version. I wanted to add both the Korean and English lyrics, so I decided to go with this translation of the lyrics. Even though Google translate may be incorrect when translating, I made sure to put each Korean lyric through so I knew that I was matching the right Korean lyric with English.

    Yet, our video still seemed lackluster to me. I decided to add coloring to the video. Referring to my commercial video, I messed around with the coloring feature of Video Star again for this video. I produced two different versions At first glance, they all may look the same, but each coloring provides a contrasting brilliance to the music video. The first coloring I feel is a very soft coloring that adds a nice touch to the music video. The second coloring is a more dramatized version of the second coloring, something that I feel is more vintage-looking. I had Nikaliyah and Perla vote on which one they preferred.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.