Sunday, February 21, 2021

Title Research: The Avengers (1998)

     For my title research, I looked for titles pertaining to the fantasy drama on the Art of the Title website (https://www.artofthetitle.com/ ). I found one that I recognized, which was The Avengers. Upon further inspection, it was one that I didn't really know. I recognized and know the Avengers franchise. I've watched some of the movies, but I'm not a die-hard fan of it. The movie that I came across was The Avengers (1998). This movie came out 7 years before I even existed, so I was not aware of its existence.

    The opening credits scene of the movie is both on the Art of the Title website and on YouTube. The titles displayed are credits to the contributors of the movie. This includes the production studios involved, respective actors, and the people who contributed to the movie. Those contributors include but are not limited to the production designer, theme composer, and writer.

    The visuals and are what you would expect from something created in the 90s. It's very bold and eye-catching with its psychedelic imagery. It is a very dynamic opening. A lot was going on in the opening scene and it just felt like a whole acid-trip.

    The opening scene itself shows a whole fantasy aspect. From what I could assume this would also be an action movie, but I do not see any action going on. The whole psychedelic effect and moving text all scream fantasy to me. 

    I feel like its target audience would be people who enjoyed the original British Avengers (so I've heard) and people into action. The opening scene does make it seem like the movie would be more fantasy-like more than action. However, because of the cool opening scene, I feel it would have attracted many people, even people who don't particularly like action. The opening scene gives me vibes of a variety of genres, where I could probably guess what I'm about to watch but at the same time, I wouldn't.

    Oh, I feel technology was definitely used effectively, especially considering this movie was made in the late 90s. I don't know about technological advancement in media much, but I feel like it was clearly a different approach that turned out successful. The movie has contrasting opinions, but I feel people agree that the opening scene was cool. I also don't know how technologically advanced media was in terms of editing, but all the warped and moving text and backgrounds made it seem like it was far beyond its time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.