Thursday, March 4, 2021

Emailing Artists

     My group and I decided to film around our Spring Break time, so today I mostly searched for music and emailed different creators for music permissions if it was not free to use. My group and I wanted to use some well-known songs, but we realized that it would be difficult to acquire music permissions as we believe many of these companies would not reply to us. We thought of using remixes of songs and asking the creator of the remixer for permission to use the song, but when I asked our media studies teacher about it, she said we must contact the original artist. We were stuck. In our predicament, I decided that I would go venture out (on my computer and on the internet, of course) to look for free music that we could use. On the Free Music Archive website, there are many songs that are free to use, but the songs I wanted us to use needed permission to be used, so I spent today emailing through the Free Music Archive for the best convenience. It was really convenient for the website to have an implemented email system. I feel that through this email system, it would be easier to gather permission from the artists since through the website their music is on. 

    Aside from searching and asking for music permissions, I decided to write a script for the film. Although it is short, I figured that it would be easier to have a script prepared and done so that on the day of filming we wouldn't have to figure out how to do everything. I copy and paste the lines that we prepared in our script blog onto a word document that I could print. I could also send the script to my group members so that they can rehearse it on their own. I typed some alternative lines if they don't like/feel comfortable saying it. When my group and I voice-chat again, I will have the chance to ask all the people with lines what they're comfortable saying and what their boundaries are. I wouldn't want me or the participants of our film to be doing something they are uncomfortable with. My priorities include that and making sure our film-making follows CDC guidelines. 

    Since our filming and editing process doesn't start until spring break, we still have more time to plan. During this time, I want to finish this script following the plans I mentioned previously. I also want to look for costumes. I am going to be Fantasia in the film, so I will need to purchase a unicorn costume. I'm really worried about how I'll look in the costume, but if it's for a grade I'll do it (LOL). 




No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.