Monday, March 8, 2021

Emailing Artists

     I haven't done much since the publication of my last production blog. My group members and I have not been able to voice chat recently, due to us being busy. Our first filming day will be on the 19th of March. The 18th is a Teacher Planning Day so we do not have school on that day. I believe our filming days both take place on a Friday and Saturday. 

    Following up from the last blog, some of the people who I've requested music usage permissions from emailed me back and said yes. I feel like going on the free music archive website once more to check out more music. I think it will be beneficial if my group and I had a wide variety of music options available when piecing our project together. This week I plan to find more music and ask for permission to use it.

    I redownloaded OpenShot. I deleted it previously due to me thinking that I will just use VideoStar for my upcoming projects. My computer at the time heavily needed space so I got rid of it. Besides, VideoStar was more convient. I knew the ups and downs of it already, and how to maneuver through the app. Plus, since we are filming on our phones, it will cut the small inconvenience of having to send it through our computer. Importing and Exporting would be simple through VideoStar. However, the reason I downloaded it back is that this project will be big. In terms of size, the amount of space and time I would need would exceed the limits that my phone can handle. A 30-second edit could take up about 500 MB. I feel like I might be exaggerating with that number, but it doesn't seem too far off. This project is 2 minutes long, and I wouldn't want to imagine the pain that my group members and I would experience if we went the mobile route.

    That saying, we won't completely exclude VideoStar from our editing process. We plan to use it for any effects or text we plan to add. Perla and I have paid for some features on VideoStar prior to being in this class, so it will be convenient if we use it. I plan that everyone will be sent all the clips and that we would export them on our computer. I tried exporting projects and sent them to Perla before, but since she did not have all the clips she couldn't edit them. I do not want that to happen again. My group members and I will make sure that everyone has all the clips so that when each member is done editing their part the next can take over.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.