Monday, March 1, 2021

Genre Research: Comedy and Drama

 The two other genres that our group decided to work on are Comedy and Drama.  All of our members watch dramas and express our love for them especially Korean ones. They are entertaining and very comforting. . Same thing for Comedy as well. Yes in drama there tends to be a lot of expressed emotions involved. Or plentiful twists and turns that go on. But what makes a Comedy and Comedy besides funny jokes? So we furthered my research for both Drama and Comedy. We can get a stronger sense of Comedy and get a better idea of what makes up a Comedic movie.

Common camera angles

Track

Common Mis-En-Scene

Costumes, Stage, Props

Common Editing

Cutting, Superimposition, Eyeline Match, and Long Take

Common Sounds

Diegetic, Non-diegetic, Dialogue, Direct Address, and Voiceover 

Example films

Crowds New Age, Shazam 

What elements of the genre that you like?

I like how lighting comes into play when someone makes a joke.

What elements of the genre do not appeal to you?

I don’t really enjoy movies that are in the comedy genre because I do not have the humor that the directors have

Drama 

Common camera angles

Establishing Shot, Long Shot, Wide Shot, Aerial Shot, High/Low Angles, Tracking Shot, and Steadicam

Common Mis-En-Scene

Outside environment, High Key Lighting, Props, Costumes

Common Editing

Cutting, Eyeline Match, Action Match, Crosscutting, Slow Motion,

Common sound

Diegetic, Non-diegetic, Dialogue, Sound mix, and Ambient Sound

Example films

five feet apart, After, The sun is also a star 

What elements of the genre that you like?

The dramatic emphasis in a fight, or car chase. Especially the angles- shows everything.

What elements of the genre do not appeal to you?

I love the excitement and thrills of dramas they keep me on my toes and keep me engaged and my partners feel the same as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.