Monday, March 1, 2021

Genre Research: Maleficent (2014)

     The movie chosen for this blog is Maleficent (2014). Since this movie falls into the fantasy/adventure genre, we decided to write about it and its elements. 

    Elements of the genre (fantasy) that this movie has contained a fair amount. In the movie, Maleficent uses her powers to convert a crow into a human being, and she has to ability to transform the crow into a human and back. In our final task, we are going to have a stuffed animal (a unicorn, to be exact), and our groupmate Glenna is going to be the person who becomes the stuffed unicorn. She is going to walk around and do human actions but as the stuffed animal. But, unlike the crow, Glenna won't be able to transform into a human. 

    There are several elements the movie had that I enjoyed. Like Maleficent's fantasy forest, full of little fairies who have a bright, colored aura. Once nighttime comes around in the forest, the visuals of it look so beautiful. The flowers, rivers, fairies, little creatures, the big, tall creatures, all make the forest look magical. I'd say those were some of my most favorite scenes of the movie. Also, when Maleficent transformed Diaval (the crow) into a Dragon, it was truly an astonishing scene. The whole scene in fact was enjoyable to watch. Seeing the dragon move around, spitfire, and so on was incredible. It all seemed too real. Honestly, Maleficent was such a great movie, I enjoyed watching the second movie as well.

    As much as I try to think of an element from the movie that did not appeal to me, I cannot really see anything that I didn't find appealing. Well, the only thing I didn't quite enjoy was the fact that Maleficent cannot touch metal in any kind of way, or else she'd burn herself. And in one scene, where the castle's knights trapped Maleficent in a metal trap, she was getting burned, and I did not enjoy watching that at all. I thought that King Stefan was cruel for making Maleficent suffer like that. But at the end of the movie, Maleficent was able to get her wings back, and eventually got rid of King Stefan. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

      This is my CCR for my recent project. This film was very fun and a great experience for me to do.